On 12/12/2013 03:50 PM, stefano franchi wrote:

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, PhilipPirrip <p...@net.hr <mailto:p...@net.hr>> wrote:

    Why is it so? How difficult would it be to extend the code for
    bibtex to biblatex? Could you make this a GSOC project for the
    next year, at least?
    Thank you.

GSoC for 2014 sounds like a good idea. But my impression (hopefully mistaken) is that biblatex support is a bit too "easy" for a full GSoC slot. At least compared to the projects we went for this year. Can any developer confirm and perhaps provide a minimal description of what's needed? I could start putting together a project description on that basis.

This may be hard and it may be very hard, but it definitely is not trivial. A lot of the necessary work was done by Julien when he modularized the citation stuff. That makes it possible to have modules that declare different citation commands and then to use them in a document. But the very different ways that natbib and biblatex declare styles and then the print bibliography itself, the different types of styles that biblatex has, etc, etc---none of that has been touched yet. And that will be a fair amount of work.

Richard