31/01/2014 07:02, Scott Kostyshak:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
Ah, right. OK then, I will make a patch for using libScriptSearch in
SystemCall::startscript().

Attached is a patch. Note that I also made the change in
ForkedCall::startScript. I'm not confident in this patch and have only
tested it briefly.

Hello Scott,

The patch looks reasonable and I have only a couple of remarks

* the description of $$s in start[Ss]cript shall be made more precise. The best is probably to mention that libScriptSearch is applied to the command.

* the special code to handle python in Systemcall::startscript is probably also of interest to ForkedCall::startScript. It may be good to factor it out somewhere, or even to include it in libScriptSearch (which should then be renamed).

In any case, this is probably not usable to 2.1 (maybe backported later). I understand this was the precise reason why you wanted to do that. In this case, a solution maybe to, in parallel, reserrect your old simple patch to add libScriptSearch here and there.