On 11/02/2014 09:54, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Paola Manzini
<paola.manz...@st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:
On 11/02/2014 07:49, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

The cmake file is in: lyx-20/development/cmake

Vincent, many thanks, I've actually found the Cmakelists.txt file in the
directory you specified, it is there, yet Cmake still tells me there is no
file. I have also tried moving the directories for build and source up one
level (on C: ) but I obtain the same error message, yet the file is there.
Or do you mean that I should specify "lyx-20/development/cmake " as the path
for the source code (that does not work either, but at least adds an entry
to cmake)?

Yes, the source directory should point to the directory where
CMakeLists.txt is in.

Perfect, thank you - I managed to get quite a bit further, but again
thinking of the instructions listed here:

http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/INSTALL.Win32

I cannot carry out the following:

  Set GETTEXT_MSGFMT_EXECUTABLE to
  C:\LyX\lyx-20-build\msvc2010-deps\deps20\gettext-tools\msgfmt.exe,
     and do the same for the other gettext tools.

since no "GETTEXT..." line appears. The only thing that I did differently
from the instructions is that I have QT 5.2, so in the previous step I
inserted the path for Qmake as "C:\Qt\Qt5.2.1\5.2.1\msvc2010\bin\qmake.exe"

Any ideas on what I should do to carry on?

CMake should have given another error and/or there is another red line
in the parameter list indicating that something is missing.

I'm also not sure to what extent LyX 2.0.x is supporting Qt5.

Vincent
thank you Vincent - so would it be better to try and source QT 4.8, or stick to Qt5 and try and compile the LyX 2.1 beta 2 version? If the latter, am I right in presuming the instructions to follow are the same?

Thanks again,
paola

--
------------------------------

Prof. Paola Manzini
School of Economics and Finance
University of St. Andrews
Castlecliffe, The Scores
St. Andrews KY16 9AL
Scotland, U.K.

tel: +44 (0)1334 462436
fax: +44 (0)1334 462444
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~pm210/
Skype: paolamanzini

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532