On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM, stefano franchi
<stefano.fran...@gmail.com>wrote:

> HI Ankit,
>
> Welcome to LyX!
>
> I am happy to hear  you found Lyx interesting and would like to
> contribute to our project.
> Let me me remind you, though, that Google has not announced which
> organization it will accept this year (the announcement will be made
> on Feb 24, i.e. tomorrow). We are hopeful we will be selected
> again, but there is no certainty.

Thank you stefano for replying. I actually find LyX very much interesting
because it gets me rid of the LaTeX syntax. Also even though if you don't
get selected for GSOC I will really like to contribute to LyX outside GSOC.

That being said, if you want to get a head start I would encourage you
> to take a look at the project page for 2014 on our wiki [1] and start
> thinking about which project may interest you the most. To get
> familiar with LyX's code base, a good starting point is our bug
> tracker [2]. Several bugs are marked "easyfix" and provide excellent
> entry points to begin working on the code. Developers documentation is
> available on our wiki as well at [3]. Ask question on the developers
> list on how to proceed and be sure to check out the beginner
> developers FAQ [3].
>
> Surely I'll take a look at bug tracker to get myself acquainted with the
code base of LyX.

As for the Advanced Find and replace, specifically, Tommaso
> is the expert on the subject, and he may have replied to you
> privately already. There are several bugs marked "Advanced Find and
> Replace"

No unfortunately Tommaso has not yet replied me. I'm eagerly waiting for
his direction.

--
Ankit Shah