On the LyX-qt4/OSX build (OS X 10.9),

- maths symbols with codes 0x0009 and 0x00ad are not displayed.
- The first line is a­ b

One question: why not switching to Stix for the symbols that cause a problem
and in 2.2 switch all the other symbols? Even if this not look perfect, at
least it is a workaround going in the right direction.

benjamin