Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
>> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>>> Another problem is that some mailing lists require/encourage "quote
>>> prior messages in entirety" (e.g.
>>
>> It makes any longer exchange unreadable.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> When involved in the exchange I usually care to strip it no matter what the
>> other party does, but anyway it's not nice to let other people do your
>> work...
>
> My point is that I think many do it out of ignorance, not laziness. At
> least that was the case for me. I wish someone had told me sooner. In
> the end it is my fault for not having remembered the list netiquette.

Gmail has folding, Thunderbird has folding, GNUS has folding, and I
assume most email clients have folding / hiding of quotes.

As stated, some mailing lists wish to have the whole thread, to make
reading a reply separately possible.

Snipping of sections I do not reply to is OK, but selectively snipping
out of sections I reply to make it possible to change the original
meaning.

So I think no snipping is not a major problem.

Rainer

> Scott

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University