Am 11.05.2014 um 12:38 schrieb Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org>:

> Am Sonntag, 11. Mai 2014 um 11:55:38, schrieb Abdelrazak Younes
> <you...@lyx.org>

>>> Regardless of the order (e.g. even if Enchant is prioritized), it
>>> would be nice to fill in the path in Preferences > Paths so that if
>>> the user wants to use Hunspell all he has to do is change the
>>> spellchecker.
>>>

>> Indeed, AFAIR we can compile concurrent support for all 3 spellers so if
>> the development packages are found we should use them.
>
> If that is the consent, OK. But what to do, if no spellchecker is found?
> * Abort
> * Drop a message only
> * Silently ignore

Is it possible to abort if no command line switch is given to disable them?

Many users are asking for spell checker support but don't install any developer
package for spell checking and are baffled later about getting no spell checker.
It would be good to abort then with a helpful error message, IMHO.

Stephan