On 07/08/2014 02:09 AM, aparsloe wrote:
Is there a reason why the copier ext_copy.py in the LyX 2.1.0/Resources/scripts folder does NOT have an option for copying to the same directory as the LyX file? At present the copied files end up in a subdirectory of the directory containing the LyX file.

I have a use case where copying to the same directory as the LyX file is the natural thing to do. I've made a simple adjustment to the script so that it allows this option, but it involved some wriggling around permissions to get access to it. It would be good to have this possibility written-in to the script so that the option was there already for users (unless, that is, there is a strong reason for not providing it).

There's no reason that isn't an option. I didn't implement it that way because its generally our policy not to "pollute" the user's directory structure, and copying a bazillion image files would do that. But, as an option, it's fine.

Richard