In John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'s SIG, I found: > "Voodoo Programming: Things programmers do that they know shouldn't work but > they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as recompiling > everything." > - Karl Lehenbauer That's exactly what I am doing! Seriously, I slowly started to fix the OS/2 support properly in libsupport and LyXserver. Now LyX crashes before reaching main(). I vaguely remember there were similar "crash before main()" syndorome once in 0.11 series which Allan and Asger fixed, and once in old devel branch which Lars and Jean-Marc fixed. The problem is that I don't remember how you did it at all. Could you clarify me a bit? FYI class os has several static string members, and several static member functions to access them. Ah, well, LyXserver has not yet been touched at all. Regards, SMiyata