Am 04.11.2014 um 02:25 schrieb Uwe Stöhr:
Dear LyXers,

attached is a module to support the 4 boxes provided by the
LaTeX-package graphicx:
- \scalebox
- \rotatebox
- \reflectbox
- \resizebox

I am now using my module in daily work and it turned out that it is too complicated for average users. I therefore want to retract my module.

The much better solution is a dialog in LyX where the user can specify all necessary things. LyX can then take care of that the result is a compilable LaTeX code.

The graphic boxes are a general feature and therefore deserve in my opinion is better support than a module. One often has e.g. to resize a table to assure that a certain width is not exceeded (despite that the text in the table gets smaller). Rotating things is also a general task that occur from time to time.

So if you agree, I revert the module from master and develop a dialog for them. Attached is the design of the dialog I have in mind. With this the user doesn't have to take care about the quite complicated LaTeX behind it - which is the main goal of LyX. LyX will then also take care when several boxes need to be nested, e.g. if one wants to rotate and scale.

OK to go on this way?

regards Uwe