Enrico Forestieri wrote:

> The attached patch let LyX use svg icons (if they exist) in preference
> to png ones. The svg icons automatically scale to the wanted dimension
> and the patch introduces 2 more resolutions (huge and giant icons) that
> should be useful to people with hires displays.

It would be evry nice if we could have that for 2.2.

> I have noticed that, at low dimensions, the pngs look far better but,
> possibly, this can be cured by tweaking the svgs in order to have
> more crisp icons.

I fear that will be much work, and we the existing png are not too bad if
they are not scaled. Can't we refine the strategy to prefer png if it exists
in the desired size, and else svg? I believe that this would combine the
best properties of both versions.

Georg