On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 07:34:02PM -0400, PhilipPirrip wrote:
> On 09/13/2015 06:02 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> >Ah it seemes that Qt 5 is needed in order to take advantage of the commits.
> >see
> >http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9130#comment:15
> >I would warn that you should use Qt 5.5 as using previous versions caused
> >regressions.
>

> Oh, OK. Thanks Scott.
> I might need some help here:
> I did
> ./configure --enable-qt5
>
> and the error was
> checking for Qt library name... failed
> configure: error: cannot compile a simple Qt executable. Check you have the
> right $QTDIR.

Hopefully one of the Fedora users around here has an idea.

Just in case, give CMake a try.

# First clean the source directory (I assume you don't have any changes
# you care about):
git clean -xdf ./

# Make a directory somewhere (outside the source directory), and do:
cmake -DLYX_USE_QT=QT5 /path/to/lyx/source

# If the above goes through without error, then just do:
make

Any luck?

Scott