Le 04/10/2015 12:07, Abdelrazak Younes a écrit :
And currently something is wrong:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9756

In this ticket you say pm is buffer dependent, this should not be the
case. Paragraphs are Buffer dependent and pms are bv dependent, this is
my point.

You are right, I indicated this in the ticket.

AFAIU the only difference between the global bv cache and what I am
proposing is that the bv will ask its tm which will ask its pm which
will ask its inset metrics. But maybe I don't follow you.

Actually with the new code, the row object contains the dimension of the insets it contains, so that it is not really necessary to have a per pm cache.

With the bv::coordCache system, an inset can now what is its dimension in a buffer view, without knowing where it is in the document. This is therefore more powerful than a per-pm cache.

My point is that each insets or paragraph should know if something has
changed inside it. SingleParUpdate is a top->down mechanism because the
LFUN mechanism is always top down.
I guess it should be possible for each tm to ask its pms if it needs to
be recalculated. That's why I think the global SingleParUpdate flag
should not necessary.

I see. I am not sure how to do it though.

That the buffer contents and only the content content is changed. I
guess this signal is abused for some other purpose.

I cannot parse your first sentence.

Buffer::changed(bool) means that buffer contents and only that.

And then, what is the expected action?

And what does it means to have a buffer which contents is changed
without having updated metrics?

I don't remember exactly... maybe that this change is not visible and
thus doesn't need new metrics?

In this case, I would say that nothing needs to be done.