On 6 Feb 2001, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> John> Simplify what exactly ? The core code ? If it's just the menu
> John> code, well that needs totally reworking anyway...
>
> It would give us (at least me) a better view of the code.

OK

> in the rest. I agree a rework would be necessary. We have to know
> however what "special types" the menus should have.

I've spent some time thinking about the menu stuff a couple of months
ago. It is an icky problem really; I'm definitely leaning towards having
all item-creation / default.ui parsing in each frontend, and only having
meaningful signals like :

        Signal1<void, const string> fileOpened;

or similar.

john

--
"Do you mean to tell me that "The Prince" is not the set textbook for
CS1072 Professional Issues ? What on earth do you learn in that course ?"