Am Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2015 um 10:46:58, schrieb Stephan Witt
<st.w...@gmx.net>
> Am 27.10.2015 um 10:13 schrieb Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org>:
>
> > Am Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2015 um 00:48:44, schrieb Stephan Witt
> > <st.w...@gmx.net>

> >> Yes, this make a huge difference - now I've 4621 tests to run :)
> >
> > :)
> >
> >> After 11 hours I'm at test 1405 of 4621… (running with one job at a time).
>
> The result is:
>
> 79% tests passed, 954 tests failed out of 4621
>
> Label Time Summary:
> cmplyx       = 214.12 sec
> export       = 72802.49 sec
> layout       =  94.51 sec
> load         = 700.28 sec
> lyx2lyx      =  67.98 sec
> module       =   9.83 sec
> reverted     = 19013.35 sec
> roundtrip    = 186.85 sec
>
> Total Test time (real) = 74085.89 sec
>
> > For that many export tests, I would use 'ctest -j8' (in case you have
> > multiple cores).
> > I normally run 'ctest -j12 -R "export.*pdf"'. Having 8 cores makes the run
> > significantly faster.
>
> Yes, I understood this. But for the first try I didn't want to run it in
> parallel.
> I've observed that e.g. kpsewhich is used heavily while testing and one call
> took ~10ms.
> Perhaps there is some tuning possible? But I'd guess, there is a significant
> overhead
> for the first time to generate all the required pieces like compiled fonts
> etc.
> To check this now I'm starting the test again.
>

> > Some tests may fail because of this parallel handling (I did not found why
> > yet), so I repeat
> > the failed tests without the '-j12' param with the command 'ctest
> > --rerun-failed'.
>
> 1st question: wouldn't it be useful to split the tests into groups and
> enable the tests which should pass on a basic system automatically?
> How could this be done? I don't think it's good to have to enable the
> export tests explicitly.

Enabling the export tests increase the configuration time ..., so it felt
reasonable to set the
default to OFF.
And not 'many' developers tested at that time.

> 2nd question: which tests should succeed with a "normal" TeX installation?

1.) Some export tests do not depend on TeX
        "ctest -R 'export.*_(xhtml|lyx16)$'"
2.) Probably you want to test TeX without system fonts
        "ctest -R 'export.*_texF$'"

> Stephan

        Kornel