Hi

Just upgraded to LyX 1.1.6, and it didn't like my old lyxrc.defaults
file. It gave me this: (The file has now been overwritten or I would
have included it - see later.)

LyX: Unknown tag `\latex_command' [around line 6 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\relyx_command' [around line 7 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\literate_command' [around line 8 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\literate_extension' [around line 9 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\view_ps_command' [around line 11 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\view_pspic_command' [around line 12 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]
LyX: Unknown tag `\fax_command' [around line 16 of file
~/.lyx/lyxrc.defaults]

So I did Edit | Reconfigure, which seemed to work OK; told me to restart
if I wanted any of the new document classes.

The next (and only) thing I did was to click on the "View" menu (which
was previously very empty, see above error messages), and lyx disappeared
completely from the screen giving this (very polite) crash message:

lyx: SIGSEGV signal caught
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX. If possible, please read 'Known
bugs'
under the Help menu and then send us a full bug report. Thanks!
lyx: Attempting to save document /homes/bjj97/project/interim.lyx as...
  /homes/bjj97/project/interim.lyx.emergency
  Save seems successful. Phew.
Bye.

Because I no longer have the "old" lyxrc.defaults file, I can't
reproduce this easily, but given that you guys wrote the old version,
you'll know all about it... right...? :)

Not a major problem, and it all works great now I've restarted it.

Thanks for your time,

        -Ben-

[ Ben Jones | [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]