On 24/11/2015 1:35 p.m., Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Am 22.11.2015 um 01:03 schrieb Andrew Parsloe:

   Windows 7: yes, it installs beside 2.1, but I get the attached
welcome screen in which the default toolbar icons are unavailable.

I cannot reproduce this. i tested LyX 2.2alpha1 on 3 different Win 7 PCs.

Thus I propose to uninstall alpha1 and clean up the registry. It seems that you once already played with LyX 2.2 and that there are traces of it in your registry and possibly also in your Windows user directory.

regards Uwe

I uninstalled alpha1 (also removing the user folder) and ran CCleaner through the registry, downloaded alpha1 again, then reinstalled. The problem is still there. But I note that the buffer-view.svgz icon, the two eyes, in the Welcome screen displays correctly, and as noted in the other email, removing the svgz icons from Resources/images allows the png icons to display.

Andrew

Andrew

---