Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> Uwe has taken care of the merging of the po files (36d7b40c) from branch
> to master. Thank you for doing this, Uwe. This is an area I know nothing
> about and was worried I would mess something up when doing the merge.
>
> Is the merging complete? If so, should I send an email to the
> translators? Does the timing of this email depend on the timing of our
> scheduled beta release?

I wanted to check with my automatic merge script, but it refuses to load the
files. The reason is that they have mixed line endings now: Some lines use
windows line endings (CRLF), others use unix line endings (LF).

The reason for this is probably a bug in the windows version of poedit we
can not do much about.

I'd like to force native line endings for all .po files in git. This means
that a checkout on a windows machine will produce files with CRLF, and a
checkout on a linux machine will produce files with LF (this is already the
case for .cpp and .h files with git default settings). This can be done by
adding the attached file to the top level directory, and then fix all
currently broken line endings as described in
https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/. After that we
never will have mixed line endings anymore.

OK to proceed?

Georg
# Set the default behavior, in case people don't have core.autocrlf set.
* text=auto

# Explicitly declare text files you want to always be normalized and converted
# to native line endings on checkout.
*.po text