Am 11.12.2015 um 02:43 schrieb Peter Kümmel:

Uwe, could you check if the downloadable zip is good enough as basis for a real
installer?

Thanks peter,

I will be offline soon and don't find time. I'll be back in 3 weeks but cannot promise I will find time soon afterwards.

If this works, then we could even try to build the installer automatically.
Uwe, do you know that scripting in linux is much more convinient than these bat
file hacking.

As I wrote in the "should we release ..." thread this week, it is important for me to support Windows. If I switch to Linux who will then take care for Windows? Windows shares more than 90% of the market.

Personally I hate consoles and scripts. I cannot remember commands and thus are very bad at this. With MSVC I can just open the *.sln file and then use a GUI to compile, find bugs, modify the sources, insert commands whose names I cannot remember (by looking what the menus offer me)...

Are there any god reasons to not use mingw for a release? (sure for developing
msvc could be still used)

I don't know mingw. I nevertheless think it is preferable to use MSVC because this is the standard on Windows and, more important, then I can be sure the compiled program works on every Win platform. This topic costs me suo much time in the past because there are so many different Windows versions around (32 and 64 bit of XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 2008 server ...)

best regards
Uwe