Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Le 03/01/2016 13:08, Kornel Benko a écrit :
>> I think, we cannot solve it now. As I understand, automake expects that
>> the source dir will not be changed, but our po-handling changes not only
>> lyx.pot but also all files in the po directory. Lyx.pot is only the first
>> one found.
>
> Normally, a fresh unpacked lyx source does not require any write access
> to the source directory. This is what happens with 2.1.X. We have to
> find out what is different with 2.2.

I tried to do that and did run

../configure && make -d distcheck > out.log

for both versions in the build directory, and now I am puzzled. The produced
output file is unfortunetaly huge, but if I understand it correctly then the
target lyx.pot-update is called in both versions inside the build directory
lyx-2.1.5dev/_build/po/ or lyx-2.2.0dev/_build/po/, respectively.

The target lyx.pot-update is supposed to build lyx.pot inside the unpacked
source directory (i.e. lyx-2.1.5dev/po/lyx.pot or lyx-2.2.0dev/po/lyx.pot
unconditionally. For some reason (which I cannot figure out from the log
file) lyx.pot is _not_ remade for 2.1 by the lyx.pot-update target (or the
write protection on the unpacked source directory does not work).

Now I would like to have a look at both the build directory
lyx-2.1.5dev/_build/po/ and the unpacked sources lyx-2.1.5dev/po/, but I
don't know how I can cause make to stop at this point (lyx-2.1.5dev is
deleted if the distcheck target succeeds).

Georg

PS: Sorry for not yet answering the other 'open' threads, I'll hopefully be
able to do that tomorrow.