Am 05.01.2016 um 12:28 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
Le 20/12/2015 15:07, Peter Kümmel a écrit :
Recently I gave away the computer which I've used when I was
very busy on LyX. It was an Athlon XP 2GHz singlecore.

I was interested how the hardware progress looks like from
the LyX perspective, means the time needed to scroll
to the end of the reference manual:

How do you scroll?

With the page-down key.

Athlon XP 2GHz: 19s (< full HD)
Haswell 4Ghz  :  8s (full HD window)
Haswell 4Ghz  :  3s (4k fullscreen)

How come that the second one is faster than the first?

I assume you mean on the Haswell system. The line width
is twice on 4k, so less pages, and it seems the pagelayout
is the expensive part.

Raspberry Pi 2: 34s (Ubuntu Mate, full HD)

Especially I was in interested in the Raspberry Pi 2 numbers,
and it looks like the Rasp could at least be used for editing
lyx files.

I suspect that this number could be improved with a bit of
profiling...