Am 06.01.2016 um 14:15 schrieb Stephan Witt:
Am 06.01.2016 um 13:35 schrieb Peter Kümmel <syntheti...@gmx.net>:

Am 03.01.2016 um 20:05 schrieb Georg Baum:

So far we have never released any 64bit windows binary. This is fine, since
64bit windows can execute 32bit binaries, and nobody complained yet about
LyX hitting the 32bit memory limit (around 3.5 GB on windows). I would not
switch to 64bit at this time, since this can introduce subtle bugs
(unfortunately the 64 C++ memory model differs on linux and windows, e.g.
long is 64bit on linux but 32bit on windows, so the fact that we have
working 64bit linux builds does not guarantee us working windows 64bit
builds).

This is the patch to build for 64bit Windows (with msvc15)

https://github.com/syntheticpp/lyx/commit/b249309e84957df512c31b3e5087fbaada681ee9

line 175 of src/support/convert.cpp is:
+string convert<string>(unsigned ´long long ul)

Ah yes, this breaks the build. But I assumed nobody
will try and forgot to commit.
I've also not tested with mingw, so this patch is only
a hint for a build for Windows64.

Are you sure?

I cannot test - but it seems to be a wrong ´ in front of the first long.

Stephan