Am 24.01.2016 um 18:17 schrieb Georg Baum <georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de>:

> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
>> Do I understand correctly that this issue is no longer a beta blocker or
>> is there still something that needs to be done here before beta?
>
> The original reason why I viewed it as beta blocker (general user or sytem
> directory problems) turned out to be wrong.
>
> I would not view it as beta blocker anymore, but you can judge yourself:
> tex2lyx is broken on OS X for files that contain any encoding changing
> instructions, e.g. \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}. I am pretty sure that this
> can be fixed quite locally, so if we relase the beta without a fix, all
> testing effort on LyX itself will not be lost. Of course it would also mean
> that tex2lyx would be quite limited on OS X, but if this is mentioned in
> release notes it is not a problem IMHO.
>

> Stephan, does the algo2e.tex test succeed if you apply the attached patch on
> a clean tree?

No, it doesn’t work. With the patch I get:

$ (cd lyx-build/cmake/2.2.0dev;ctest -C debug -R algo2e)
Test project /Users/stephan/git/lyx-build/cmake/2.2.0dev
    Start 8: tex2lyx/roundtrip/algo2e.tex
1/2 Test #8: tex2lyx/roundtrip/algo2e.tex .....***Failed    0.74 sec
    Start 9: tex2lyx/cmplyx/algo2e.tex
2/2 Test #9: tex2lyx/cmplyx/algo2e.tex ........***Failed    1.46 sec

0% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 2

Label Time Summary:
cmplyx       =   1.46 sec (1 test)
roundtrip    =   0.74 sec (1 test)

Total Test time (real) =   2.25 sec

The following tests FAILED:
          8 - tex2lyx/roundtrip/algo2e.tex (Failed)
          9 - tex2lyx/cmplyx/algo2e.tex (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

> If yes, then I have an idea how to work around the problem
> except for files using different encodings in different parts (which are
> rare anyway). The idea of the patch is to avoid changing the encoding of an
> open file stream. It should work for algo2e.tex out of the box, because the
> stream is opened with latin1 encoding by default with the patch. It should
> also work for CJKutf8.tex if you pass the -e UTF-8 commandline option to
> tex2lyx.

Wouldn’t it be better to start over from the beginning with the new encoding
in case it’s different from the current encoding (default or given by command
line option)?

Stephan