On 02/02/16 09:19, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 01.02.2016 um 21:39 schrieb pdv <pdvissch...@edpnet.be>:

On 01/02/16 15:54, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 01.02.2016 um 15:49 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org>:

Le 30/01/2016 09:55, pdv a écrit :
Hi,

Build under OS X fails with:

   CXX      userinfo.o
   CXX      unicode.o
   OBJC     AppleSpeller.o
error: invalid argument '-std=c++11' not allowed with 'C/ObjC'

What version of Mac OS X is that? I had to add -std=c++11 to CPPFLAGS because
the clang preprocessor needs it to select the proper libc++ stuff. Without it
some autoconf tests would fail.

I had the same question. With clang 7.0.2 from Xcode 7 I have no problem
without the patch.

Stephan

I'm also using XCode 7 and clang 7.0.2;

When I first experienced this problem I went back to the last commit which did
build successfully and then moved forward in time in the hope to find the
commit which introduced the error;
I ended up with the then last available commit without problem.

I've never understood how this is possible, since the script does a clean
build, no?

Which script are you talking about?

In case you’re referring to development/LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh you’re
right - it does a clean build.

Stephan

I was referring to that one.
And I call it this way:

ARCH=x86_64
QtVersion=5.5.1
QtAPI=-cocoa
LyXVersion=lyx-22-qt5-manual
CC=cc CXX=c++ \
QtAPI=${QtAPI} QtVersion=${QtVersion} \
sh .../LyX-Mac-binary-release.sh \
  --with-sdkroot=10.11 --with-macosx-target=10.10 --with-arch=${ARCH} \
  --with-qt-dir=.../Qt-${QtVersion}-frameworks \
  --qt-deployment=yes --enable-debug \
  "$@"

pdv