Le 24/02/2016 18:32, Jean-Pierre Chrétien a écrit :
Hello,

When I open either the UserGuide or the Math manual (in English or in
French), I get this in the calling command window:

Warning: Failed to produce 1 preview snippet(s)

I don't think so.

Is this a serious problem ?
Any clue to find which snippet fails (other than bisection)?

Latex log > Open Containing Directory

then try to find the files lyxpreview*.log

Then we can see that for the User Guide, this is due to \question and \answer not being defined (they are defined in ERT inside branches). For Maths this is because the undertilde package is not installed. In either case there is no clear solution to make preview work.