On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:49:16PM -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:50:25AM +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:

> > - we still haven't done anything to fix the 2 layouts that will produce
> > uncompilable files (acmsiggraph and agutex). Please make a decision and I
> > will apply it that way.. It would be embarassing when we include outdated
> > layouts despite that we are aware of this.
>
> OK I will take a look at this.

My decision is that if someone gives you a +1 on a patch that is posted
for the two layouts and the lyx2lyx tests pass, then the patch should go
in.

Note that Georg stated:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=n8i0e7%24pr5%241%40ger.gmane.org
"I would very likely give a +1 to a patch that renames the old layout
file to a different name, updates the one with the generic name to the
current version (as you did it), and a lyx2lyx step that simply changes
the document class to the new name of the old layout file for old
documents. This would even be less work (no real lyx2lyx code needed)."

If I understood correctly, there is support from Kornel and Guenter for
versioned layouts. It seems to me we just need to figure out some of the
details. Guenter provided some points for discussion here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=n8m1ff%24nnq%241%40ger.gmane.org

Also, I do not see any response to Guenter's patch posted at
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=n90eas%24gab%241%40ger.gmane.org

Scott