Dear Georg,

thank you for your feedback.

On 2016-04-03, Georg Baum wrote:

> Concerning the list in section 2.2 I'd prefer it to stay simple. It
> starts to become too complicated for my taste. There is too much
> nesting, footnotes, and you have to read two times to understand how
> the line "Modified layouts and modules with a" is to be parsed.

I simplified it a bit in 77fc7fe
(I Kept the nesting for "New valid value for an existing setting" to make
clear that this are example cases.)

> Finally, I'd also prefer it if this document is not used for indirect
> communication. If you want to discuss whether a new language needs a file
> format update, then we can do that on the list. I believe that this is one
> of the cases whithout consensus, since this issue has been discussed in the
> past IIRC.

Yes. exchange of arguments should be on the list.
(I kept a note that this point is under discussion - similar to what was
in the "new layout" item before we decided to remove it from this list.)

Feel free to edit - this is still work in progress.

Günter