Le 16/04/2016 19:55, Guenter Milde a écrit :
On 2016-04-16, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

That would be another nice reason to do that, but I'm not
sure if that is indeed true. However I suppose the conversion is so
quick it doesn't make a difference since the relevant timing comparison
is compiling a .tex file.

The conversion is time critical: it slows the opening of the file in LyX
even without latex export. Also, compiling a tex file is done in the
background.

When I open the file with the patch it first shows "Converting to a
loadable format..." before showing the preview a moment later. My
impression is that the conversion is done in the background too, and
does not slow the opening of the lyx file.