Am Montag, den 16.05.2016, 16:21 -0400 schrieb Richard Heck:

> Suppose I do something like this:
>
> InsetLayout Flex:Test
> LyXType         custom
> LatexName       test
> LatexType       command
> Decoration      classic
> LabelString     test
> LeftDelim [
> RightDelim ]
> End
>
> I'd expect to get as output something like:
>
> \test[This is the argument]
>
> In fact, what I get is:
>
> \test{[This is the argument]}
>
> This looks like a bug.
>
> Mostly, LeftDelim and RightDelim seem to be used with other arguments
> besides the default one.

I think it was intentional when it was implemented (these delims in the
main layout, as opposed to the argument, were introduced mainly for the
chunk inset, that is, for environments).

But I agree that it should be as you expect it. I stumbled on it myself
when I was trying to define a macro with only an optional argument,
which is currently not possible.

So it should be fixed. However, it would be a layout format change,
since previous definitions that expect the outer braces should probably
been accounted for.

Jürgen