Hi,

now I found some time to test and it turned out that some information in this thread is wrong. Therefore I removed the warning from release notes again.

1) Imagemagick 7 does still contain the 'convert' utility. If you install from source on unix, it is simply a symlink to 'magick'. If you use the binary installer on windows, you need to tick the "Install legacy utilities" option in order to install a convert.exe along magick.exe (but for LyX this is no longer needed since we prefer 'magick' if it is available).

2) LyX works perfectly with Imagemagick 7. I tested that without the convert symlink. I could not see any difference to IM 6 (and I made sure I deleted the image cache and reconfigured). I guess what might have lead to the assumption that IM 7 does not work is the fact that the info inset produces text output for .svgz images, but an image link for .png images. This should be changed, modern browsers support svg (but may need uncompressing, I don't know).

Georg