Le 02/06/2016 20:27, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Le 02/06/16 à 20:41, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
You are right, LyX deserves a better font selection dialog. I had a
quick look: there is the QFontDialog widget which has a writing system
selection menu. See https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qfontdialog.html and
qtbase/examples/widgets/dialogs/standarddialogs/.

I am not sure I understand. It seems that the dialog is useful for
selecting font, style and size. This is not exactly what we need.

That's more than we need. But it also filters the fonts (Scott gave an example), and also select fonts not available in the usual widgets (I gave an example).

Usually what is used is a combox that shows the font. Is it
possible/easy with qt?

JMarc

Not sure that I understand your question, but Google might be able to tell you as much as me ;) There are certainly several ways to do it, but unless somebody steps in and is ready to spend enough time on it, the simplest is to use the dialog.