Le 03/06/2016 16:11, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 06/03/2016 11:05 AM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
Le 03/06/2016 08:18, Richard Heck a écrit :
On 06/02/2016 08:04 PM, Giorgio Zavarise wrote:
Hi,

I have a question concerning the space around centered equation. When
you type text and then add centered equations you may get a different
results if you add an empty line; e.g. the following text will produce
more spaces in the second case:

Test 1
\[
A_{1}=\frac{h}{2}
\]
End Test 1

Test 2

\[
A_{1}=\frac{h}{2}
\]

End Test 2

When using LyX, the fact that you have generated or not a blank line
is basically hidden. As far as I know, the only way to detect it is
looking at the LateX Source panel.
Hence my question is: Is there a workaround to know where I placed a
blank line?
Is it possible that Lyx shows a special character, or something
similar, to let you know where you put a blank line (I mean something
like the carriage return in WORD, that can be visible or it can be
hidden)?

Tools> Preferences> Document Handling> Mark End of Paragraphs

rh

Which should be the default setting IMO.

You can raise that on devel, but I think we had that discussion once.

I remember a discussion. I remember somebody arguing that this is already denoted by an increased vertical spacing that matches the one in LaTeX. However, I cannot reproduce this (even in 2.1.4). If that was fixed, maybe this would be an alternative to what I asked above. However please note that the spacing would need to be bigger than the one in LaTeX to counterbalance the fact that mathed itself is inconsistent in terms of spacing. Let me know your thought about how this should be implemented.