Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> Ah yes that is more important. I'm still wondering if it should go in
> RELEASE-NOTES as well. In our ANNOUNCE we recommend that packagers read
> the RELEASE-NOTES file. Don't we want packagers to be aware of this
> significant change? Or do we just assume they'll read INSTALL or figure
> it out if they get an error with an older compile?

They don't need to do anything. Both with cmake and autotools you will get
the message "A C++11 compatible compiler is required" if you try to build
with a compiler which is too old. This is clear enough IMHO (and packagers
will most likely not run into this problem anyway, all default compilers of
all current linux distros are new enough).

Georg