On 2016-06-20, Richard Heck wrote:

> I propose that bugs meeting that description (such as #4398) simply be
> marked as having status "Fixed". The "Fixed in Master" status seems
> misleading:

For me, "fixed in master" is a clear description of the status while
"fixed" would be misleading (because it is only fixed in the development
version).

> They are not going to get fixed in stable. If we mark them
> Fixed, it can mean: We are done with them.

> Note that this is different from having the *resolution* be fixed: These
> would still have no resolution and so would still turn up the right way
> in searches.

Having a keyword "fixed" and a resolution with the same name is confusing.

> The only difference would be that "fixedinmaster" would
> mean: Fixed in master and (possibly, probably) to be fixed in stable.

For this distinction, I rather propose to use

a) the milestone (set it to 2.2.x, if you want the fix backported), or

b) a new keyword "backport" or similar.

Günter