On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 04:16:16PM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 25/06/2016 12:53, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

> > Hi Dima, welcome on lyx-devel!
>
> same
>

> > > For the others on this list: Dima volunteered to help LyX with compiling
> > > it on Windows, provide support for Win Vista builds (which I cannot do),
> > > to have a look at the Hebrew translation and therefore also to
> > > right-to-left (a.k.a. BiDi writing).
> >
> > I have to warn that the Bidi code is a bit scary an overly complicated.
> > I have made some changes in 2.2 that touch Bidi and probably introduced
> > bugs there...
> >

> It would surely not hurt to have somebody who knows how it should be in
> the first place.
>
> My advice in general is to start with something that you think is easy
> to fix and that bothers you personally. More ambitious yet realistic
> changes come naturally after being acquainted with the code.

Agreed. Work on something that is fun for you.

Since you mentioned Windows specific issues, you can take a look at
bugs with the component "windows-installer":
http://www.lyx.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&summary=~&component=windows-installer
and bugs with the keyword "os=windows":
http://www.lyx.org/trac/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~os%3Dwindows

Scott