Le 02/07/2016 20:28, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :

I understand the compiler warnings but it is not easy for me to decide
if a truncation of values was intended or not. I mean if it is intended
one should use int().(…)

Hi Uwe,

you are right, asking somebody to fix a warning when they are not
familiar with the code defeats the purpose of a warning. Then better
just turn off the warning.

Even better, could we have the same warning with gcc so that we have
both the benefit of encouraging clearer code and have it right on the
first try?

Since you know the background of the truncation, could you please apply
the fixes?

Thank you Richard for applying the fixes.

Guillaume