On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 04:01:23PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 09:30:08PM +0200, Walter van Holst wrote:

> > Either way, it was a PEBCAK, I had been using the Adress field twice
>
> Glad you got it fixed. I thought we had an enhancement request open to
> prevent duplicate entries for certain styles (like title, and as you
> found I guess address also). But I can't find it.

(transferring from lyx-users, see [1] for the history)

I've seen similar issues come up in a few cases.

Have we discussed having a layout tag (e.g. "unique") to mean that only
one instance can be used? How would that be enforced? Would we have a
popup explaining that e.g. "title" has already been inserted and only
one is allowed?

I suppose that a generalization to a tag that allows X instances is not
worth it? I do not know any cases besides limiting to one instance. Does
anyone else?

Scott

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=b46f659c-624c-b146-9fd3-2ab3ea110163%40xs4all.nl