Cyrille Artho wrote:
Hi all,
I've just installed LyX on a new MacBook Pro. HiRes works well, but LyX
can't find any LaTeX class/style files in texmf-local, no matter what I try.

I've tried both the fink latex installation and Mac ports. On the latter,
custom files go into, for example

/opt/local/share/texmf-local/tex/latex/springer/llncs.cls

latex can find the files, and they're in ls-R generated by texhash, but LyX
can't see them for some reason.

What went wrong here? I've tried fresh installations in the past (up to LyX
2.1), on previous versions of Mac OS, and never had this issue.

I was able to resolve this by logging in again, and by running texhash multiple times. At some point LyX was able to compile the files, and show the right paths under "Tools/TeX information", but "Help/LaTeX configuration" shows the classes in question as missing.

Another restart (or a few) later and it worked. Good to have this resolved but this was very erratic.
--
Regards,
Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/