On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 12:50:47AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 06:36:36PM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
>
> > I have also extended the fix to Qt4 in much the same manner and it works
> > for me. In the attached patch I have also incorporated the changes for
> > cmake, except for Qt4, as I don't know what is required.
>
> I tested the new patch and it works well for me.

Thanks for testing.

> > The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that this is a Qt issue.
>
> Should we put a fixme/todo somewhere to check if Qt fixes the issue in
> e.g. five years so we can remove the workaround? I do not mind if you do
> not want to commit the patch at all since your guess is that it's a Qt
> issue, and also because the commit is somewhat complicated. It's your
> call since I think you're the one who best understands the situation.

I don't think that they are going to fix this issue that seems to be
there since ages. I was not even aware of the problem and it is not
even serious as giving focus to a window before pasting avoids it.
Should they fix this issue, the patch itself would become redundant
but not harmful, so it should be safe. On the other hand it is something
that testifies the quality of a software, so I think it is worth
committing with some explanatory comment.
As regards the complication, well, it's only cmake that makes it
complicated for me ;)

--
Enrico