Le 12/07/2016 07:11, Daniel a écrit :
Thanks. I think it worked (patch and screenshot of gitk attached).

On 12.07.2016 00:10, Richard Heck wrote:
[...] Then right-click on the commit for which you want to
make the patch.
You will have the option "Make patch". Choose that and then choose where
to save it.

Should I try to commit the patch before making the patch?

Yes, and patches with detailed commit log are better.

Honestly, I think most people use git from the command line. It would be easier for you to find guides on the internet and for us to help you. In this case the command is git format-patch master (assuming you commit to a separate branch which you should).

Also, playing around with LFUNs I did to kinds of changes in the patch

1) a LFUN for locking the position of toolbars
2) a LFUN for setting custom icon sizes

Since they are unrelated, I guess it would be good to keep them in
patches apart, right?

Yes, please

But I can't find where to tell gitk to add only parts of the "local"
changes.

From the command line again, you can commit files separately (git commit file1 file2 ...) or you can select changes more precisely (git commit --patch).