On 20.07.2016 14:02, Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2016 um 11:26:47, schrieb racoon <xraco...@gmx.de>
Each time I build a number of .gmo-files, like ar.gmo, are generated
which takes some time.

Maybe they are build again because there was a warning before?

CUSTOMBUILD : cygwin warning :
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/LyX/LyX2.3.0-build/po/ar.po
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/LyX/LyX2.3.0-build/po/ar.po
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

I can turn of the warning using the environment variable but that just
gets rid of the messages not the generating process.

Does someone know what that is and whether I can do something about it?

Daniel

You use '-DLYX_NLS=ON', this is the default.

*.po: Text files containing ui-translations (e.g. 'de.po' for German)
*.gmo: the associated compiled files interpreted later by lyx.

Thanks. Not sure I understood though.

I disabled "LYX_NLS" in CMake (could not find any flags containing "DLYX"). But when compiling the .gmo files are still generated. So the flag seems to have no effect on this.

Daniel