Le 26/08/2016 à 20:34, racoon a écrit :
Hi devs and users,

I still think a more universal function of the backspace key at
beginning of paragraphs is a very good idea.

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10156

The idea is to have backspace at the beginning of a non-default
paragraph to reset the layout to default. And a backspace at the
beginning of a default paragraph to merge with the last paragraph.

Right now only default paragraphs and paragraphs with the same layout
can be merged with backspace. For me this leads to sometimes pressing
backspace without LyX doing any changes so I have to change layouts
manually in order to merge.

Since LyX has indentation bars worries about adverse "finger-painting"
effects seem unwarranted.

It makes merging paragraphs easier. And this would also fix some
annoyances with beamer layouts (see ticket). So I think: why not.
(Though I have no idea how hard it is to implement.)

I would be interested what you think.

Thank you for your suggestion. I know what sort of annoyance you are referring to, and IMO the suggestion deserves to be tested.