Den 31. aug. 2016 16:33, skrev Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
Le 31/08/2016 à 11:51, Helge Hafting a écrit :
Den 23. aug. 2016 12:14, skrev Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
Are you sure? I do not see that.
I now look at a light blue highlighted selection that goes from the
second line to the third. The first line mentioned is not an endpoint -
it is forgotten by LyX, and usually by me too.

In the meantime, the bug has been fixed in branch and master. If you have access to that, please confirm that it works as it should.

After some git trouble*, I compiled & tested. Selection still works as expected with linux & qt5. Selection still goes from the text cursor position to the mouse click position - not from the position of "the previous mouseclick" to the current mouseclick.

* I had an old clone of LyX, where I once tested some patches. "git pull" then refused, telling me I needed to "commit my changes" first. But I did not want to commit random experiments into LyX, so I did obviously not commit anything. Various variants of "git --reset" and "git merge --abort" did not persuade git to _drop all changes and just get me the current master_. So I gave up and deleted the entire tree and cloned from scratch. A big waste of bandwith, but faster than figuring out the right git command. :-(

Helge Hafting