Den 05. sep. 2016 00:53, skrev Jannick:
Currently lyx deals with *.xls files only, while the Excel world rather
turns around .xlsx files. It would be great if lyx could be extended
including the file handler where ssconvert appears to faithfully extract
data from *.xlsx files.

I am not subscribed to the devel list, so please copy me in if you need any
more information on this from my side.

LyX already support .xlsx, so I am not sure what you are asking for here?

I created a LyX document, inserted a file (external material). I selected spreadsheet, and typed in "testfile.xlsx". This worked fine, the PDF contained the spreadsheet. Anything "ssconvert" supports should indeed work. I don't know if ssconvert handles all xlsx files, but it certainly handled my testfile well.

I tested with LyX 2.2.1, but this sould work for most earlier versions too - as there haven't been much changes since the excel support went in. Conversion is handled by ssconvert, so anything ssconvert handles should work, (unless the spreadsheet is wider than the page).

Do you have an xlsx file that ssconvert handles, but LyX does not? If so, please send me such a file so I can look into it.

Helge Hafting