Am Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2016 um 17:55:49, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 09:28:47PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> > On 2016-10-09, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>
> > > Good idea. Assuming we do not have many inverted tests that would keep
> > > the file size of the log down. Günter, do you want the log output for
> > > the non-inverted tests also?
> >
> > Preferabely yes, because then I know if inversion is required if a test
> > fails.
> > Otherwise, a new failure would require
> >  * inversion (as TODO)
> >  * rerunning cmake
> >  * inspection of the log
> >  * sort of the inversion-pattern or fix of the installation or ignoring ...
> >  * rerunning cmake
>
> Makes sense.
>

> > Maybe the dbg could be collected and only appended to the log if there was
> > an error...
>
> I'm not sure this is possible. Maybe Kornel is aware of some magic to
> make it happen though.

Difficult. We would
1.) call lyx with '-dbg latex'
2.) collect output in cmake variable
3a.) In case of error, output the the log
3b.) else strip the log of latex messages.
4.) print the stripped output
Unfortunately the lyx-latex debug messages are not easy to filter

Normally they start with
        SomeFile.cpp (xxx): Log line: some latex log
but if the log is multi-line, we are lost.

> Scott

        Kornel