On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 01:10:36AM +0200, Guillaume Munch wrote:

> Le 17/10/2016 à 04:12, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
> > Guillaume Munch wrote:
> > > Dear list,
> > >
> > > The attached patches add safe line breaks ("%\n") to the output, to
> > > crucially increase the precision of forward/reverse-search and error
> > > reporting of captions. This is especially useful as these captions
> > > introduce a discontinuity in the TexRow. The change is trivial but since
> > > this modifies the LaTeX output I prefer to ask for any objection.
> >
> > How ugly (in terms of chunked text) the LaTeX code becomes now for people
> > who
> > actually use LaTeX source after the export?
> >

> Hi Pavel,
>
> captions in listings appear as:
>
>   \begin{lstlisting}%
>   [caption={Caption}]
>   \end{lstlisting}
>
> instead of:
>
>   \begin{lstlisting}[caption={Caption}]
>   \end{lstlisting}
>
> and sub-captions show up as:
>
>   \begin{figure}
>   \subfloat[Sub-caption]%
>   {Sub-figure}
>
>   \caption{Caption}
>   \end{figure}
>
> instead of:
>
>   \begin{figure}
>   \subfloat[Sub-caption]{Sub-figure}
>
>   \caption{Caption}
>   \end{figure}
>

> What do you think?

Maybe this can be limited to the non "nice" export? This is the format
that is exported only for previewing and not for generating latex code
meant for later editing. Specifically, this is the .tex file you get
in the temp dir, where you could also export a single word per line.
I think this is the important export format for forward/reverse-search.

--
Enrico