Le 19/10/2016 à 14:30, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
Tested and I think there is a minor issue. In the attached .lyx file,
put the cursor at the end of "hello". Press return three times. The
first two times show that the issue initially reported is fixed (because
it is itemize instead of enumerate), but the third return is unexpected
for me. I expected it to go out of itemize, but instead it created an
item with a separator.

Can you reproduce the above with your patch?

I see what you mean. I guess that I am colliding somehow with the logic
that introduces separator insets.

There is some kind of Clash beween the logic here and Enrico's logic wrt paragraph separators.

Here I am in a logic where using Return in an empty environment will signal that I want to close it and go to the uspper level.

Enrico's code, OTOH assumes that what is meant here is to split the environment in two but stay at the same level. I do not see why my patch made Enrico's code trigger. Well, I see it technically, but I do not see what sense it makes.

Enrico, do you have thoughts about what we really want there? What is the use case that we have in mind, especially when we are in a nested environment?