Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016 um 16:23:05, schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org>
> Le 20/10/2016 à 16:03, Tommaso Cucinotta a écrit :
> >
> > I didn't see an answer to this, yet. Do we package with std::regex on
> > Mac ? What problem in packaging using boost instead ?
>
> These days, we use std::regex by default when it is available. We may
> have to reconsider this policy until AF&R is fixed.
>
> I do not think that it would be a problem for Stephan to build with
> boost::regex explicitly.
>
> >> Tommaso, since regexes are mostly write-only, you are probably the
> >> person who knows best what kind of Perl extensions you like to use.
> >
> > so the issue would be to double-check whether all regex-es in
> > findadv.cpp can be converted to std::regex ones. But, is there a common
> > syntax among boost::regex and std::regex that we can use so that
> > libraries become interchangeable? Otherwise, if we convert all regexes
> > to std:: syntax, we break everything with boost.
>
> As I understand it, Boost::regex uses Perl syntax, which is a extension
> of normal-people-syntax. And I do not know what is the status of
> ECMAscript syntax (used by std::regex).
>
> But suddenly I am not sure anymore of what the problem is. The original
> message in this thread complains about "[0-9]+" not working. In theory
> this should work both in Perl regexes and ECMAscript.

Actually, in this case, if you use '-dbg find', you can see that the used
expression is
        lyxfind.cpp (871): Replaced text (to be used as regex): [0-9]+
        lyxfind.cpp (874): Setting regexp to : '\`[0-9]+'
        lyxfind.cpp (879): Setting regexp2 to: '\`.*.*[0-9]+'

> I am confused now.
>
> >> Otherwise, we would need some Advanced F&R automated tests to checks
> >> how well our regexps behave.
> >
> > some are already there, see development/autotests/findadv-re-*-in.txt.
>
> Good. I am not sure any more that the problem we have is with internal
> regexes... The person we need on this is Georg.
>
> JMarc

        Kornel