On 23/10/2016 4:48 a.m., Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 10/21/2016 10:06 PM, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
Dear LyX developers,

I find myself needing an Assumption environment every now and again
and think it should be added to Theorems.inc and its relatives. (As
far as I can tell it isn't defined in any of the
Theorems-<something>.inc included in the Resources/layouts folder.)
I've added it to a personal version of Theorems.inc, inserting it
after Fact in the list of environments provided there.

A use case is when one has an extended argument (a chapter perhaps) in
which this assumption is part of the background to the argument and
attention should be drawn to that fact, but either (a) it would be
tiresome and get in the way of understanding if one had to bloat every
assertion (theorem, proposition, lemma, etc.) with its explicit
inclusion, or (b) the argument isn't presented in theorem/proof form
but more informally as a discussion which is to be understood against
the background of the assumption.

Although I can't find an Assumption environment defined in any
Theorems-<something>.inc file, Theorems-refprefix.inc does define the
prefix: assu.

Andrew

---

Assumption and Assumption* are in the Theorems-AMS-Extended module and
it's "by type" variant.

Paul

Thank you Paul. I thought I had looked at *all* the modules, but clearly hadn't.

Andrew

---