On 27.10.2016 10:15, racoon wrote:
On 18.10.2016 09:37, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Le 17/10/2016 à 01:28, racoon a écrit :
I just tried to do some fine tuning on the inset offsets (minimalistic
and classic so far).

Hi racoon,

I am glad you are looking at this. I agree that small offsets are better.

Though I have a non-high resolution display. Maybe it does not look as
good on a high-res display. If so, maybe there should be an adjustment
for high-res displays?

I had a go earlier to replace TEXT_TO_INSET_OFFSET with a function that
computes the length according to current zoom and screen resolution. I
abandonned the patch (attached) for now because it created problems for
vertical spacing. You are welcome to borrow parts of it (the margins are
already in).

You would be welcome to have a look at it. Another option would be to
have a length in em, that is relative to the current font. That would
make the inset spacing comparable to normal spacing in the enclosing
space. This is the best solution IMO, but I am not sure that the font
information is available when we need it.

Hi JMarc,

I did have a look and the attached patch is the current result (again
only buttons and frames for now). There is also a simple test example.
Since I did not touch the vertical spacing, only inner and outer side
offsets, that should be fine still. (Though there was something wrong
with the vertical spacing to begin with since, for example, the inner
text runs over the upper and lower boundaries on higher zoom levels.)
For some reason the frames scale a bit different different and maybe
nicer than the buttons.

ps. And I did not do anything about the interactive area. So it is still a bit off to the right and includes the outer spaces (same as in LyX 2.2.2). The translation might be possible to solve easily. I am a bit more uncertain about the outer space.